70% of people diagnosed degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine – symptoms and treatment of this disease a special. This disease is considered a "disease of the century". Every year the victims are getting more and more people, and the disease is "younger". Recognize the early stages of the pathology faster and easier to deal with.
Cervical degenerative disc disease – causes
The development of this disease is triggered by various factors. Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine cause of these reasons:
- lack of exercise;
- excessive stress;
- injuries of the spine;
- intense physical exertion;
- abnormal development of the spine;
- genetic predisposition.
All of these factors contribute to the increase in the load on the cervical vertebrae. There is a muscle spasm. This site blood circulation, which leads to a failure in metabolism and provokes degenerative changes. The intervertebral discs become thinner and deformed and began to speak. Often this can affect the departments and the nearby bone tissue.
The degree of osteochondrosis of the cervical
The disease is self-identified in the early stages is impossible. Its detection is possible only by x-rays. Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, this is the following classification:
- Basic or stage 1 – there is a rupture of the disc capsule. In addition, the observed changes in muscle tissue.
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine phase 2 is the result of a failed or delayed treatment of the disease at an early stage. Calculates the height of the intervertebral, which causes irritation of the nerve roots.
- The last stage or 3 – tearing of the spine the body and hernia formation. This stage is characterized by loss of control over limbs.
Cervical degenerative disc disease – symptoms
Identify the disease to help characteristics. Osteochondrosis of the cervical symptoms may be the same as associated with other illnesses. For this reason, if you want to set themselves self-diagnosis and to engage in subsequent self-medication is unwise. Such a reckless approach will exacerbate the situation. Only a doctor can correctly diagnose the degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine – symptoms and treatment in his office. This disease patients report these symptoms:
- pain (cervical spine, hands, head);
- burning shoulder blades;
- ringing in the ears;
- memory impairment;
- loss of coordination;
- jump blood pressure;
- impaired vision.
Dizziness with cervical osteochondrosis
Often this unpleasant condition to happen in the morning after sleeping in an uncomfortable picked up the pillow. It takes 2-3 minutes for several hours. In addition to other signs of cervical degenerative disc disease can be simultaneously observed dizziness. These include ringing in the ears, blurred vision and hearing. One of the reasons causing dizziness are as follows:
- the compression of an artery;
- irritation of the nerve endings;
- subluxation of the articular process.
Pain in the cervical osteochondrosis
Such discomfort can have a different localization. The most common symptom of this disease is headache. It can occur for the following reasons:
- pinched nerve roots;
- happen spasms of the blood vessels;
- reflex elevated blood pressure.
Headaches when cervical osteochondrosis can be similar to those experienced in patients who have a stroke, a hypertensive crisis or strokes. They are the following:
Another sign of lower back pain – cervicalgia. It's a pain in the neck, which can give the shoulders and across the arms. This condition happened suddenly: after waking up at sharp movements. In this case, degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine, the treatment, which involves special. All these intricacies only know the doctor, so it is not necessary to relieve pain without a medical examination. Unskilled handling can make the patient an invalid.
Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis
There are several symptoms of this disease:
- Vertebral-syndrome – affected bone and cartilage. When osteochondrosis of the cervical spine has the following symptoms: impaired movement in this region is observed for morphological changes. In addition, the patient will experience severe pain when the neck rotates.
- Vertebral artery syndrome – it affects the blood vessels that provide vital fluid to the brain. The typical symptoms are: dizziness, headache, "gnats" before eyes, drowsiness, fainting, and so on.
- Heart syndrome – very similar to the occurrence of the condition before the heart attack. Its symptoms include shortness of breath, weakness, increased heart rate, burning sensation in the chest.
- Radicular syndrome – related pathology of the nerve conduction. The condition is characterized by such symptoms: difficulty chewing, numbness of the tongue or fingers, pain in the occipital region.
Cervical osteochondrosis – treatment
In order to choose the right way to deal with the disease, the doctor will refer the patient for a complete examination. More likely to use such diagnostic methods.
- the ultrasound scanning;
After receiving the results of the study, the doctor carefully examine the patient to decide exactly how to deal with cervical osteochondrosis. The choice of manipulation is partly dependent on the stage of the disease and the existing rights of the underlying disease. If you don't self-diagnose osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, symptoms only partially, and prescribe treatment itself, can cause serious injuries. In the best case, the manipulation is useless, and at worst happens the pathology.
Physical therapy in osteochondrosis of the cervical
If you exercise regularly, this will help to achieve the following results:
- increases blood circulation;
- improve the condition of the discs;
- to strengthen the muscles;
- go to the cramps.
Accurately pick up training osteochondrosis of the cervical spine can only be a physical therapist. He correctly calculates the optimal load. Treatment degenerative disc disease cervical spine exercises must be performed in accordance with the following rules:
- In the acute stage of the disease class can not be run.
- All movements should be smooth.
- It is impossible to independently use the equipment drawing the vertebrae. It's dangerous!
Often prescribe these exercises with cervical osteochondrosis:
- tilts and turns of the head;
- the movement of the shoulders;
- circular motion brush;
- Mahi hands;
- the rotation of the elbow and shoulder joints.
Massage with cervical osteochondrosis
This procedure helps to achieve this result:
- to reduce the swelling;
- to strengthen the muscles;
- to remove blood stasis;
- remove muscle spasms.
Massage in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine may be the following:
Cream osteochondrosis of the cervical
These drugs are prescribed to treat mild symptoms of the disease. They can also use the complex therapy, the disease, are at an advanced stage. Cervical osteochondrosis is treated such ointment:
- anti-inflammatory nonsteroidal means;
- ointments with cartilage effect;
- the medicines that have analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects;
- homeopathic creams.
Injections osteochondrosis of the cervical
In the treatment of this disease injections are visible benefits:
- Have an immediate effect.
- Is injected directly into the lesion.
- Here comes the dose of the drug needed for pain. Unlike injections pills to lose part of the active substance during the trip through the digestive tract.
- In most cases there are no side effects.
For the treatment of degenerative disc disease of the cervix is associated with the blockade. This method of treatment can be used medicines, one, or various medications. Before how to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, the doctor will ensure that the prescribed means, that the patient is not allergic to. Most appoint such injections:
- pain medicine;
- myotropic drugs;
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
Orthopedic pillow cervical osteochondrosis
Sleep helps in the treatment of many ailments. For this reason, it is important to pay attention to the choice of pillows. If diagnosed with cervical degenerative disc disease treatment at home offers a holistic approach. It would be all that surrounds the patient, contributed to his recovery. Pillow cervical osteochondrosis must meet the following requirements:
- Hard head is not "drowned", and at the same time ergonomic.
- If the tool is designed for sleeping on your side, it should be a special recess. This is necessary to accommodate the shoulder.
- Pillow sleeping back should be "hump". It follows the natural curvature of the spine.
- Remedies for sleeping on your stomach is more soft and thin.
In addition, when you select an orthopedic pillow, you need to pay attention and filler. It can be:
- foam memory and so on.