The influence of unfavorable factors and improper lifestyle lead to the development of various pathologies. Cervical osteochondrosis is one of these diseases with degenerative-dystrophic disorders of the intervertebral discs of the cervical segment of the spine.
An untimely pathological process affects all elements of the disc, adjacent vertebrae, ligaments and intervertebral joints. Home treatment should be prescribed by a doctor to prevent cervical osteochondrosis.
The success of therapy depends on many factors. An expert will tell you how to treat cervical chondrosis at home. Only a doctor will be able to choose the optimal scheme of measures to improve health on the basis of an accurate diagnosis.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis in domestic women begins with determining the root cause of pathological changes, as in the strong half of humanity.
Cervical osteochondrosis appears against the background of the following processes:
- Poor posture
- Low physical activity.
In addition, a similar disease can develop due to the following factors:
- Delayed spinal cord injury;
- Improper metabolism;
- High physical activity;
The effect of these unfavorable factors leads to an increase in the load on the cervical spine. Such a reaction causes an overload of the neck muscles, causing them to develop spasms and disrupt blood circulation in this region of the spine.
What to do with cervical osteochondrosis at home when this pathological diagnosis is made? Treatment of the disease depends on the severity of the inflammatory process. If the disease is at the very beginning of its formation, it is recommended to use recreational activities with the help of improvised means.
How to treat cervical osteochondrosis at home, what products and products can be used independently - the doctor will get acquainted in detail.It should be understood that depending on the manifestations of the disease, the specialist will recommend different methods to facilitate well-being.
Osteochondrosis is a difficult pathology. It can be accompanied by severe pain and can affect not only the cervical but also other parts of the spine.
Pain can manifest itself in these parts of the skeleton:
- The back of the head.
The patient is generally concerned:
- Weakness in the arms;
- Restriction of neck activity;
- Cracking when changing the position of the head;
- General disorder;
- Disorders of coordination due to poor blood circulation;
- Deterioration of hearing and vision;
- Darkening of the tongue;
- Oxygen starvation of the brain.
Treatment of cervical spine chondrosis at home should be carried out comprehensively - externally and internally. To do this, the patient is recommended the following procedures and activities:
- Taking teas, decoctions, tinctures from medicinal plants;
- Compresses, lotions;
- Physical education;
- Balanced diet;
Means of external influence
Traditional healers recommend the following remedies to alleviate the condition.
- Horseradish leaf compress. The agent has an anti-inflammatory effect on the joints of the cervical segment of the spine. You will need young horseradish leaves, which should be washed with boiling water before using for the procedure. Apply the agent to the neck immediately after this action. Cover the lesion with cellophane on top and insulate the compress with a warm towel or scarf. Keep the drug until you feel discomfort. Thanks to the healing power of the leaf compress, the cervical spine will begin to move better and the unpleasant symptoms will gradually disappear.
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical vertebra is treated with alcohol compresses at home. This is a very common and affordable tool. For the procedure you will need 300 ml of medical alcohol, 10 tablets of powdered sodium metamizole, 10 ml of iodine and the same amount of camphor alcohol. Close the components carefully. Use the drug as an external effect on the affected area.
- A compress of honey and potatoes helps relieve the symptoms of this diagnosis. For the recipe, you need to chop a large vegetable in a frying pan and add 2 tbsp. l. bee product. Place the resulting mass on a piece of cloth and apply to the neck. The procedure takes two hours.
It is recommended to wear a special collar for patients with osteochondrosis of the neck. With its help, you can eliminate muscle spasms and give the whole spine the right position. Such a device also helps to relieve constriction of nerve roots and vertebral arteries.
The collars are stiff (Shants collars), but swollen products are also available. The first option looks like a tight frame fixed to the neck. It removes all the weight of the skull, which helps to relax the tense muscles in the neck.
As for the second design option (inflatable collars), it is a device in which air is injected with a pear. Such a product provides waist extension. The neck cannot be used all day.
It is recommended to use only a few hours a day.
The duration of such recreational activities is calculated for one month. Such a design should be prescribed only by a doctor. Improper use of the collar or failure to follow the instructions of a specialist is fraught with constriction of nerves and blood vessels and other serious complications.
This device is not only an effective device, but also available to perform acupuncture procedures yourself at home.
How to treat cervical osteochondrosis at home with this device? Given the patient's condition, this question will be answered only by a specialist.
The essence of the impact technique is as follows:
- Needles are dug into the diseased area to help increase blood flow to the biologically active areas;
- The patient should straighten the needle structure into a belt with a neck roll or buckle;
- The duration of the healing movements will be asked by the vertebrologist.
It is important to consider the contraindications to the use of a needle applicator when choosing this method of treatment.
A series of exercises
What to do with cervical chondrosis at home to increase the stability and stability of the vertebrae? It is possible to use a number of training systems.
The complex includes a number of exercises that help develop cervical joints:
- The patient can make 20-40 turns in different directions and shake his head;
- Then you should slowly turn your head left and right;
- Then the head is required to make a circular rotation;
- Raise your shoulders for ten seconds;
- Pull the chin forward and then pull back with a head movement;
- While sitting on the floor, bend your knees, reach them with your forehead, in this position you need to stand for a minute.
It is recommended to complete this complex with swimming. Treatment using this sport will help:
- Release trapped nerves;
- Stretch your spine naturally;
- Strengthen immunity;
- Strengthen the muscular body;
- Improve your well-being.
Treatment should be performed under the supervision of an instructor who determines the load individually for each patient.
Self-massage will also help improve blood flow in the cervical spine. The manipulation should be done only with your fingers and the movements should be strictly directed from the center to the surrounding area. It is important that the massage movements are soft and smooth.
To stop the symptoms of an insidious disease, it is enough to learn three rules of action while doing an independent massage, and in a fairly short time. The advantage of mastering the technique of massage is the ease of performing the manipulation at a convenient time when the symptoms of severe pain are disturbing.
When the first signs of cervical osteochondrosis develop, it is necessary to organize the treatment of the disease in any way. Prescriptions of traditional doctors receive quite a positive opinion.
If the patient chooses truly effective formulas, taking into account the characteristics of his body and the alleged limitations, the use of home formulations can give an effective result.
It is very difficult to diagnose the pathology independently, to find the truly ideal means: you need the help of a qualified specialist.
- Tincture based on pine buds. This product is used as an effective folk remedy. It is recommended to collect pine buds immediately after the end of winter. Only select buds from 1. 5 to 2 cm, the collected buds should be thoroughly washed, then chop them with a meat grinder, add sugar so that the amount is twice the mass of the main component. Mix the ingredients, put in the fridge and leave there for two weeks. After half a month, the product is completely ready. Take one teaspoon three times a day for three weeks. The remaining product should be stored in the refrigerator for another year.
- Herbal teas. In the case of cervical osteochondrosis, it is recommended to drink herbal teas frequently to organize the overall strengthening of the weakened body. Chamomile, maple and lingonberry leaves, lime blossom, St. John's wort and calendula, horsetail, motherwort and hips are suitable as the main components of such a drink. Concomitant use of folk remedies with drugs prescribed by a doctor significantly accelerates the elimination of symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis. Quickly, such herbal teas help to stop the period of exacerbation, prolong the remission of the disease.
- Celery treatment. Chop the root of the plant, pour 3-4 g of boiling water (1 l). Strain after eight hours of infusion. Drink 1 tablespoon three times a day. l.
- Barberry treatment. Prepare 25 g of vegetable bark and root. Fill them with alcohol (10 ml). Drink 30 drops three times a day.
- Horseradish. Put the inside of the plant leaf on the neck and cover the compress with a bandage. Arrange the procedure before bedtime. Use cabbage leaves in the same way.
- Medical compress. Dissolve freshly squeezed aloe juice (50 g), propolis (1 g), mustard powder (50 g) in a glass of vodka. Soak the fabric well with the resulting solution, apply it on your neck before going to bed, cover it with a woolen scarf. Leave the bandage on overnight.
- Hot compress. Dip a piece of linen in kerosene, then squeeze. Rub with a little moist cream and soap, stick around the neck, wrap in plastic. Hold for 1-2 hours until a strong burning sensation appears, then stop the process and rinse your neck with water.
- Potatoes with honey. Chop the potatoes in a frying pan, mix in half with the bee product. Use at least once a week for the resulting gruel, neck compresses.
- Indian summer. Before going to bed, rub the wound with a leaf of the plant.
- Lemon and garlic. Pass three lemons through a meat grinder, then add 150 grams of finely chopped garlic to the resulting gruel. Put the mass in a two-liter jar, pour boiling water over it. In the morning on an empty stomach, first shake and drink half a glass of liquid.
- Fat. Lubricate the painful area with bear or badger internal oil and then rub.
- Honey massage. Although this manipulation is painful (especially with hairy skin on the back), it is extremely effective. Heat the bee product and apply it on your upper back and neck. Rub vigorously while massaging. The honey will gradually begin to stick, but the manipulation should continue until the substance turns white. Then soak your back in warm water and cover your back with a towel. It will absorb all the stickiness. Finish your honey massage, wrap yourself in a warm blanket and sleep well until morning.
Treatment of the disease in women
In order for a doctor to prescribe a truly adequate treatment for cervical osteochondrosis, the patient must undergo a neurological examination and then learn at what stage the degenerative process is. Only then does the doctor prescribe a muscle relaxant, chondroprotector, sedative and vasodilator.
Very good recommendations received the following actions:
- Physiotherapy procedures;
- Hydrogen sulfide and mud baths;
- Electrophoresis and massage;
- Acupuncture and acupuncture.
In the first two stages of the disease, manual therapy is recognized as extremely effective.
Women should follow a diet, lead a healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly.
Among the general recommendations for recovery from an insidious disease are the following.
- Elimination of pain syndrome;
- Improving metabolic processes in the neck;
- Restoration of natural cerebral blood supply;
- Strengthen shoulder and neck muscles;
- Normalization of night rest.
Nutrition for the development of cervical osteochondrosis
Daily diet is important in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis. Smoked foods, hot spices, fatty foods, alcoholic beverages and strong tea should be avoided in the menu. Excessive use of such products can adversely affect overall well-being, leading to muscle spasms of the spine.
Foods rich in fiber, calcium and protein should be included in the daily diet:
- Fruits and vegetables;
- Cottage cheese;
- Low-fat fish and meat species;
Make sure you drink plenty of clean water. If you need to sit for a long time, exercise regularly, follow the correct posture, organize daily exercises, never forget that you need to eat properly and take a break from work. All such measures will ensure the elimination of pain.
The goal of home treatment is to relieve pain attacks and restore metabolism in the cervical segment of the spine. At the same time, such actions are required to strengthen the muscular corset and the shoulder girdle, to improve the blood supply to the brain by eliminating the causes of vasoconstriction.
Folk recipes help to get rid of the feeling of numbness of the upper extremities, improve night rest, strengthen the overall emotional well-being of the sick person. Home treatment of an insidious disease such as cervical osteochondrosis is a very affordable treatment option.
There is no need to waste time going to the nearest hospital for the condition to improve quickly. Such treatment requires significantly lower financial costs.
There is an important set of techniques and techniques that allow you to purposefully influence certain relationships of the developing pathological process.